Once upon a time, my mommy got me this SUPER nice Nikon camera
& I LOVE IT.
It takes amazing pictures, and makes everything look x34549 more beautiful than they already are. i.e.
I love this camera. I take it with me whenever I travel.
However, I find the easiest way to capture my day to day life, at home and here in Sorrento, is with my phone. I always have my phone on hand, and I am constantly snapping photos of what happens around me throughout the day.
Some recent photos:
1. Coin is a popular department store here. 2. Cappuccino at Bagni Sant'anna
3. The Italian equivalent of a frappuccino. Delizioissimo! 4. My favorite lunch: gnocchi di mamma e vino rosso
5. I've tried 3 different versions of caffè freddo, and Bar Tasso's is the best. 6. My absolute favorite pizza: caprese at Syrenuse!
7. My school. Mi piace. 8. Books are my favorite souvenirs. Qui: To Kill a Mockingbird
9. Souvenir shopping. 10. A good afternoon
11. The object of this picture was my new purse. Let's forget that and talk about how fabulous my calf looks. All those stairs! 12. Positano... again
13. I drink green tea every night, but it's been freaking hot. So one night I made iced green tea. But the ice melted, so it was just slightly chilled green tea. & that is my sad story. 14. I tried cherries for the FIRST TIME, and I loved them!
15. This weekend was so humid that Mt. Vesuvius disappeared into the smog! Compare the above pictures, and please note that a 2,000m active volcano is missing in one of them.
16. It was so hot that I spent the majority of the day on the (blessed) tile floor. 17. But eventually Katie and I roused our overheated selves and went out for dinner
18. The garden at Sorrento Lingue. 19. A beautiful statue of Blessed Pope John Paul II (Beato Giovanni Paolo II) on the main street
20. Caffè con panna = espresso + whipped cream = yummy in my bocca. 21. Surprising myself by discovering that I prefer mineral water (acqua minerale) over still water (aqcua naturale)
22. Monday's sunset from my bathroom. I have spent plenty of time in the bathroom JUST to look outside this window. 23. My favorite cappuccino spot at night.
Buona sera xx